Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology, the Senior Network Administrator will be responsible for the solution, design, implementation, maintenance and day-to-day operations of all network, server, SAN, and telecommunications infrastructure including data connectivity for LAN/WAN systems, remote connectivity, mobile device connectivity, desktop and laptop connectivity as well as prepares and maintains relevant documentation. The Senior Network Administrator participates in the creation, communication and advancement of technical and administrative standards and adheres to all security policies and industry best practices.
Position Type: 1 Regular Full Time Position Available
Anticipated Start Date: September 2017
Pay Rate: TBD
Posting Period: Posted until filled
The Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, is a not-for-profit company, operating recreational facilities in the Wood Buffalo Region. The flag ship complex, MacDonald Island Park is Canada's largest community recreational, leisure, and social centre. Home to the Suncor Community Leisure Centre, Miskanaw Golf Club and Shell Place, MacDonald Island Park works under the umbrella of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
Internal applications will be accepted until August 10th 5pm.
First preference will be given to local candidates.
· Manage security services, including managing firewall and gateway appliances, antivirus and intrusion detection systems.
· Manage all network hardware and equipment, including managing routers and switches, filtering appliances, uninterruptable power supplies.
· Ensure network connectivity throughout all wide and local area networks
· Ensure the integrity and security by continuously monitoring logs and alerts and following up on any issues or anomalies.
· Monitor, maintain and configure the Enterprise wide domain including all appliances, applications, devices and services to sustain an optimal, stable and secure network.
· Analyzes, designs, develops, tests and implements equipment for information and communication networks
· Analyzes problems (both technical and operational) and works with IT Services staff and/or vendor representatives to resolve problems.
· Develop, implement and support strategies for monitoring all physical and virtual server infrastructure systems; including daily availability monitoring and business critical trending of resource utilization supporting business critical applications.
· Develop, implement and support strategies for monitoring of all enterprise storage and backup systems including enterprise level near real time replication and offsite backup solutions
· Administer Server environments, including supporting specific Enterprise Technologies such as Exchange, Mobile Device Technology, VMware, Active Directory, file systems (CIFS/NFS).
· Assists in capacity planning and acquisition of networking devices.
· Recommend, schedule and perform network improvements, upgrades and repairs.
· Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
· Conduct research on network products, services, protocols and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
Telecommunications Infrastructure Management
· Administer and maintain telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBX’s and voicemail.
· Oversee telecommunications projects with a goal to improving or expanding the current infrastructure.
· Assess need for any system reconfigurations, make recommendations, and execute them as required.
· Administer add, move and change requests from end users as well as new telephone handset installations.
· Monitor and identify capacity and performance issues for telecommunications traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of telecommunication systems.
· Conduct testing and develop plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions and backup systems.
· Oversee installation of telecommunications equipment
· Research, design, develop, plan, implement and maintain Unified Communications and video conferencing solutions.
· Implement and maintain all mobile device infrastructure
Security Infrastructure and Services Management
· Implement, maintain security policies and procedures and associated plans for systems security and administration.
· Design and implement disaster recovery plan for operating systems, databases, networks, servers and software applications.
· Keep current with emerging security alerts, issues and threats.
· Recommend, schedule and perform security improvements and upgrades.
· Deploy, manage and maintain all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including intrusion detection systems, firewalls, cryptography, and antivirus software setup.
· Implement and report on security systems and end user activity audits.
· Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution.
· Recommend, schedule and apply fixes, security patches, disaster recovery procedures and any other measures required in the event of a security breach.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Desirable Skills and Experience:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS &WORKING CONDITIONS: