Reporting to the Director Information Technology, the Senior Network Administrator will be responsible for the solution, design, implementation, maintenance and day-to-day operations of the network, server and storage, and telecommunications infrastructures which includes data connectivity for LAN and WAN systems, remote connectivity and mobile device connectivity.
Position Type: 1 Regular Full Time Position Available
Anticipated Start Date: October 30, 2017
Pay Rate: TBD
Posting Period: Posted until filled
The Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, is a not-for-profit company, operating recreational facilities in the Wood Buffalo Region. The flag ship complex, MacDonald Island Park is Canada's largest community recreational, leisure, and social centre. Home to the Suncor Community Leisure Centre, Miskanaw Golf Club and Shell Place, MacDonald Island Park works under the umbrella of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
First preference will be given to local candidates.
Operational Maintenance and Management of Network/Server/SAN Infrastructure
· Engage in threat mitigation by the proper use of firewalls and VPN’s.
· Ensure the integrity and security of the RRC’s data by continuously monitoring logs and alerts and following up on any issues or suspicious issues or anomalies.
· Monitor, maintain and configure the Enterprise wide domain including all appliances, applications, devices and services to sustain an optimal, stable and secure network.
· Analyzes, designs, develops, tests and implements equipment for information and communication networks
· Manage enterprise active directory services and supporting server infrastructure
· Experience in VLAN setup and configuration
· Experience with IDS/IPS modules or appliances
· Performs system management functions and operations of computer networks.
· Identifies network and hardware malfunctions and takes appropriate action to resolve issues ensuring data/system integrity in a timely manner.
· Analyzes problems (both technical and operational) and works with IT Services staff and/or vendor representatives to resolve problems.
· Develop, implement and support strategies for monitoring of all physical and virtual server infrastructure systems; including daily availability monitoring and business critical trending of resource utilization supporting business critical applications.
· Develop, implement and support strategies for monitoring of all enterprise storage and backup systems including enterprise level near real time replication and offsite backup solutions
· Administer server environments, including supporting specific enterprise technologies such as Exchange, Mobile Device Technology, VMware, Active Directory, file systems (CIFS/NFS).
· Assists in capacity planning and acquisition of networking devices.
· Maintains and ensures the security of the network and the corporate data.
· Constant monitoring and reconfiguring of network for performance, capacity planning and security.
· Maintains Public Certificates of web applications for security, procurement and registration.
· Manage security solutions, including managed firewall and gateway appliances, antivirus and intrusion detection systems.
· Manage all network hardware and equipment, including managed routers and switches, filtering appliances
· Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
· Recommend, schedule and perform network improvements, upgrades and repairs.
· Conduct research on network products, services, protocols and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
· Assess need for any system reconfigurations, make recommendations, and execute them as required.
· Conduct testing and develop plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions and backup systems.
· Research, design, develop, plan, implement and maintain Unified Communications and video conferencing solutions.
· Implement, maintain security policies and procedures and associated plans for systems security and administration and end user access.
· Design and implement disaster recovery plan for operating systems, databases, networks, servers and software applications.
· Keep current with emerging security alerts, issues and threats.
· Recommend, schedule and perform security improvements and upgrades.
· Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution.
· Recommend, schedule and apply fixes, security patches, disaster recovery procedures and any other measures required in the event of a security breach.
University degree in Computing Science with 4 or more year’s progressive experience administering enterprise computing environments, or a College diploma with 6 or more years’ experience.
CompTIA Network+ Certification
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS: