- Minimum (3) three years of related technical experience is required.
- Technical diploma or equivalent in Information Technology
- Microsoft certification is desired, but not mandatory
- Cisco certification is desired, but not mandatory
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, ability to clearly speak and write in English, and the ability to simplify technology into terms staff can comprehend regardless of their skill level.
- Excellent understanding and proficient use of Microsoft Windows 7/10 desktop operating systems and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with general networking and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Proficient in use and understanding of the Microsoft Office 2013 suite.
- Experience in basic configuration and maintenance of MFP printers and copiers.
- Ability to liaise with 3rd party companies to acquire software technical support.
- Excellent understanding of software and quick learning skills to provide efficient troubleshooting and technical support to our staff and clients.
- Ability to maintain documentation for support issues, support processes, and inventory integrity.
- Ability to quickly debug and troubleshoot problems.
- Must have strong analytical skills and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience with the following software is an asset:
- VMWare VDI
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Knowledge of VOIP telephony is an asset.
- Knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems is an asset
- Knowledge of POS hardware, software, and configurations is an asset.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS &WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Hours of work will be 40 hours per week normally between 8:30 a.m. – 5:00pm. but occasional evening, night, or early morning shifts may be required.
- Must be willing to be on call.
- This position requires sitting at a desk for extended periods of time and to lift and carry items up to 40 lbs in weight.
- This position may require travel between our various facilities within the Wood Buffalo Region. A valid driver’s license is necessary.
All employees are responsible and accountable for Regional Recreation Corporation’s health and safety policy. All employees at every level should be familiar with the requirements of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety legislation as it relates to their work processes.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.