The Set-Up Attendant under the supervision of the Set Ups Supervisor will assist with the set up and tear down of functions, meetings and events with utmost professionalism and according to the Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo standards. The set up attendant is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment.
Posting Type: 1 Reg. Full-Time Position Available
Rate of Pay: $25.23 ($1/hr less while on probation)
Posted: September 04, 2018
Closing Date: September 11, 2018
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Be familiar with all possible set-ups and layouts
• Set up and break down of rooms for meetings and events.
• Responsible for audio visual equipment set up, storage, inventory, and demonstration of use to guests.
• Set and break down tables and chairs according to diagrams
• Responsible for removal and storage of any and all equipment and/or furnishings throughout the facility.
• Check electrical/phone hook-ups for proper working order and tape down all exposed cords
• Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications; rectify any deficiencies.
• Report on time and in uniform for each scheduled shift. Present a neat, clean and professional appearance at all times.
• Eliminate safety hazards and report all injuries and accidents to the Supervisor or Manager immediately
• Be familiar with and use consistently proper lifting techniques.
• Return all equipment not in use to its proper storage area in clean condition by the end of each shift.
• Provide customer service to all RRC guests and employees.
• Communicate appropriate maintenance and housekeeping needs to supervisor.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Work with Event Specialist to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Take inventory and organize catering items, A/V equipment, storage areas, and maintain facilities.
• Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience:
Desirable Skills and Experience:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS &WORKING CONDITIONS:
POSITION(S) REPORTING TO/CONTACTS:
All employees are responsible and accountable for Regional Recreation Corporation’s health and safety policy. All employees at every level should be familiar with the requirements of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety legislation as it relates to their work processes.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.